News and Updates
- Press Release: JMU and Good Wealth Management Hold ‘Investment Challenge’ Competition for Business Students (HARRISONBURG, Va., November 12, 2012) – To introduce students to the principles of client-centered financial advice, James Madison University’s (JMU) College of Business and Good Wealth Management – Investment Consultants are sponsoring the “Financial Planning & Investment Challenge” for the second consecutive year.
Eight teams, each comprised of four JMU College of Business students, are designing, implementing, and monitoring an investment strategy for a fictitious client who represents a real-life scenario. This year, the client is defined as a healthy, 58-year-old widow who is concerned about her financial well-being following the death of her husband. She requires monthly income for life and has inherited $1 million in life insurance and has $300,000 in retirement savings.
“The fictitious client represents the profile of a growing segment of new clients seeking advice at Good Wealth Management,” says Daniel Uribe, vice president of Good Wealth Management. “A widow needs to rediscover herself personally and financially. Naturally she has numerous concerns such as retirement planning, tax issues and a potential decline in her standard of living. Thus, the students we are mentoring must clearly understand the client’s fears and dreams before they even talk about a traditional portfolio of stocks and bonds. It’s not about pitching a product anymore; future advisors need to learn that the industry has changed and they must listen to their clients’ anxieties.” Continue Reading.
- Good Wealth Management’s Staff Attended National Conference in San Diego. (Harrisonburg, VA – August 31, 2012) – Daniel Uribe, Vice-President, and Shelby Lopez, Client Services Coordinator, recently attended focus12, a leading financial services industry conference hosted by LPL Financial, the nation’s number one independent broker-dealer.* Held in San Diego, August 19 to 22, focus12 was one of the industry’s premier sales and education events for financial professionals. Approximately 5,000 attendees from around the country assembled for the opportunity to learn new strategies and skills, expand knowledge in numerous product areas, and network with peers and industry experts.“Attending focus12 was a tremendous opportunity for me to stay informed of key trends affecting the financial services industry, and discover strategies to help improve communication and engagement with my clients,” says Uribe. “I believe I am now better positioned to continue helping my clients pursue financial independence by offering unbiased guidance.”.) Continue Reading.
- Daniel Uribe Attended LPL’s MASTERS Conference. (Harrisonburg, VA – May 25, 2012) – Daniel Uribe, Good Wealth Management’s Vice President, recently attended the MASTERS Conference, an event for top advisors hosted in Washington, D.C., by LPL Financial, the nation’s number one independent broker-dealer.*MASTERS Conferences provide an outstanding educational forum for top advisors at LPL Financial, and rewards their excellence and accomplishments demonstrated throughout the year. Continue Reading.
- Daniel Uribe Selected for Leadership Panel (The Daily News Record – April 23, 2012) — The committee that will decide the winners of the 2012 Daily News- Record Leadership Awards has taken shape. The committee includes education, business and community leaders from Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. The DN- R Leadership Awards are given annually to one senior from each of the public high schools in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. View the Article.
- Investment Consultant Company Hosts Competition for COB Students (The Breeze – April 19, 2012) – Six months ago, JP Kril and his COB team were in over their heads in stocks, bonds and other investments. “We were probably spending about 10 hours a week studying the market, and probably about, you know, five hours of just trying to think of ideas for the portfolio,” Kril said. This past Tuesday, his team’s hard work paid off when it was honored at an award ceremony as one of two winners of the first Good Wealth Management Investment and Financial Planning Challenge Competition. View the Article.
- Getting Money a Job (The Daily News Record – April 17, 2012) -Daniel Uribe, vice president of Good Wealth Management, addresses James Madison University students on Tuesday who completed a five-month investment challenge. In the challenge, teams of students developed portfolios for a hypothetical 65-year-old retiree with $1.2 million to invest. View the Article.
- Good Wealth Management’s President Awarded Top Performer Distinction. (Harrisonburg, VA – January 26, 2012) – Good Wealth Management announced today that Edwin L. Good, MBA, ChFC, President of Good Wealth Management, was recognized as a top financial advisor and named to the LPL Financial Patriot’s Club. This distinction is based on a production ranking of all registered representatives supported by LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer*, and is awarded to less than six percent of the firm’s 12,027 advisors nationwide. (* As reported in Financial Planning Magazine, June 2006-2011, based on total revenue.)
- Daniel Uribe Invited to Join Community Foundation Board Of Directors (The Daily News Record – November 19, 2011) - The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County has appointed Daniel Uribe to the organization’s board of directors. Uribe is an investment adviser and vice president with Good Wealth Management, an investment firm in Harrisonburg. View the Article.
- HDR Dishes Out Design Excellence Awards (The Daily News Record – October 20, 2011) -Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance honored six downtown projects with awards at its eighth annual reception Monday; Good Wealth Management was one of them. View the Article.
- A Worthy Challenge (The Daily News Record – October 1, 2011) - Edwin Good wasn’t himself, in a manner of speaking, Friday afternoon at his financial services firm in Harrisonburg. Part of the day, at least. In addition to his everyday duties, Good, president of Good Wealth Management, was playing the part of a 65-year-old retiree with a bank account worth $1.2 million. The performance was for the benefit of students participating in the Good Wealth Management Investment Challenge. View the Article.
- COB Partners with Firm for Challenge (The Breeze – September 26, 2011) - Good Wealth Management is teaming up with the College of Business’s finance and business law department to provide an Investment Challenge Competition to students. View the Article.
- Diversification Is the Key to Retirement Investment Success (WHSV News – August 8, 2011) - Many people are still concerned about the economy, especially after Thursday’s stock market tumble. With the economies in the U.S. and Europe both showing signs of instability, investment expert Edwin Good of Good Wealth Management says there are steps you can take to protect that wealth as you near 65. The biggest piece of advice, don’t put all your eggs in one basket. View the Article.
- Greek Crisis Could Lead To Big Problems In The Valley (WHSV News – August 2011) – Local television turns to Good Wealth Management for current local and national economic expertise during Greek Crisis. View Follow-up Article.
- American Dream Will Prevail (The Daily News Record – July 1, 2011) – Local news paper turns to Good Wealth Management for economic expertise on the feasibility of the American Dream. View the Article.
- Good Wealth Management moves to NEW Office (Harrisonburg, VA – April, 2011) - Good Wealth Management recently purchased and moved to a beautiful century-old Victorian house in Downtown Harrisonburg. The office is located at 544 S. Main Street, Harrisonburg VA, 22801. You can find directions and pictures on our website as well as our Facebook page. Please note phone numbers will not change.
- Edwin Good Role Plays for Education (Harrisonburg, VA- October 1, 2011) – Edwin Good, President of Good Wealth Management plays part of 65-year-old retiree with bank account worth $1.2 million for Good Wealth Management’s Investment Challenge . View the Article.
- JMU College of Business implements Good Wealth Management’s Investment Challenge (Harrisonburg, VA- September 26, 2011) - Good Wealth Management is teaming up with the College of Business’s finance and business law department to provide an Investment Challenge Competition to students. View the Article.
- Good Wealth Management’s expertise published in Daily News Record. (Harrisonburg, VA- July 1, 2011) – Local news paper turns to Good Wealth Management for economic expertise on the feasibility of the American Dream. View the Article.
- Good Wealth Management’s expertise recorded for WHSV News. (Harrisonburg, VA, August 2011-Present ) – Local television turns to Good Wealth Management for current local and national economic expertise.
- Good Wealth Management office has moved (Harrisonburg, VA- April, 2011) - Good Wealth Management recently purchased and moved to a beautiful century-old Victorian house in Downtown Harrisonburg. The office is located at 544 S. Main Street, Harrisonburg VA, 22801. You can find directions and pictures on our website as well as our Facebook page. Please note phone numbers will not change.